i am always up for trying something new. so, earlier this year i decided to leave my job as a translator and move on to studying (again). i wanted to move to liverpool, because of the beautiful city and the fantastic accent. but i have experienced a lot of other things in my first month as a norwegian scouser.
here is my impression of liverpool after actually living there for a month:
– a lot of pregnant women smoke and drink (a lot).
– people react negatively to me paying with debit cards.
– men wearing mittens and t-shirts. (that doesn’t make ANY sense)
– girls putting on more make-up when they’re going to work out.
– people with tattoos on their neck or face only.
– teachers who only talk about their dogs.
i also have experienced that most of the people i have talked to, who come from liverpool have no sense of direction in their own city.
going out in liverpool is an experience on it’s own. you’ll probably see more nudity then if you were to stay home and watch a porno. men walk around with their shirts off (and their bums out). the girls walk with high heels which are as long as their skirts (which means very short skirts and VERY high heels). men wear a lot of make-up (almost as much as the girls). i have also experienced to see people of both sexes dance like nicki minaj does in her anaconda video.
the experiences has been mostly bad, but interesting, but the reason i continue to live liverpool, is this fantastic movie:
have you ever been to liverpool? what is your impression?
ps: i also love scouse, since rupert grint did a scouser accent in the movie “into the white”.